Do you have an amazing photograph of your ancestor? We are on the lookout for beautiful images to feature on an upcoming cover (or two) of Inside History. Could your ancestor be our next cover star?
Many family history researchers have that ‘one’ special photograph: the one that speaks volumes about its subject’s life and character, a snapshot that makes us feel closer to our forebears. Now is your chance to share that special picture with the world — or, at least, with your fellow Inside History readers! The winning photograph will score its owner and their guest the fabulous prize of a trip to historic Norfolk Island worth $5,000!
To enter the competition, make sure you send your name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a high-quality scan of your beautiful image and a brief description of who is in the shot.
- Images should be scanned at a minimum of 600 dpi to be suitable for print.
- Tell us who your ancestor is, how the two of you are related, and a snippet or two about their life — we want to know a bit of background about our up-and-coming cover star!
Tips for a great cover image:
- Is your picture in focus?
- Does it have a main subject? Does it tell a story?
- Will your photograph create an emotional connection with our readers?
Please do not send us your precious original photographs as these will not be returned. We accept no responsibility for lost entries. Before entering your family images you should seek permission from the copyright owner, if a person other than yourself.